Thursday, March 8, 2012

Breakfast Cookie

This has to be THE BEST way to eat a completely healthy breakfast!


I'm having so much fun living by myself.
Last week I had Raspberry pancakes for breakfast, Carrot Cake pancakes for lunch and polenta pancakes with spinach, lemon and capers for dinner. Just because I can!

A few days later, I had 2 cookies for breakfast.
And then another for lunch.
And different variety every day for breakfast since.
Breakfast Cookies. Completely healthy Breakfast Cookies!

I've been wanting to make this post for ages. But I haven't been able to get any photos that I'm happy with. Healthy, Delish.... Not photogenic!




Start with your base, then choose the liquid/binder flavour!

Breakfast Cookie Base
1/4 C Oats
2 Tbs (I used Quiona) Flour
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
pinch salt
1/2 Tsp Vanilla
1 Tbs Choc Chips (not optional!!!)

1/2 Packet Stevia (optional*)
1 Tsp Agave (optional*)

+ Add ins: 3x Tbs each of your favourites (nuts, coconut, goji, raisins seeds, sprinkles... go crazy!


The Variety Is Endless! Some of my favourites: 

Original Breakfast Cookie
3 Tbs (soy) Yoghurt (or 2 Tbs Soy Milk)
1 Tbs Flax

Banana Breakfast Cookie

1 medium banana, well mashed
1 Tsp Flax

Peanut Butter and Jelly Breakfast Cookie (personal fav: made the best cookie!)
1 Tbs natural peanut butter
1 Tbs Jam (I used Naturally sweetened raspberry Jam by Dick Smith)
2 Tsp soy milk

Carrot Cake
Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookie
1/2 Carrot finely grated
squeeze the juice of the carrot in the same bowl
2 Tbs soy milk
1 tbs flax
optional: add a pinch of ginger, cloves, cardamon and nutmeg

Choc-Coconut Breakfast Cookie
Take out a tsp of flour and add a tsp of cocoa
Take out a tsp of milk and add a tsp of coconut oil (melted)
add 2 Tbs of shredded or desiccated coconut

Got your flavour? NOW DOWN TO BUSINESS (or breakfast)

Stir until all combined, dough should stick together. Use your spoon to shape into a ball and spoon onto plate. Flatten out to about 1.5 cm thick. Buzz in microwave for about a min, or until middle is cooked.
Wait for it to cool a bit! It's really hard but much worth it!



*I don't add a sweetener when using Jam or  Banana as a binding base!

No comments:

Post a Comment